• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic requirements for crane.

seeinred04

I purchased an 11k crane for my service truck. At one point I found a TM that had hydraulic diagrams with gpm, valve specs, etc for this crane. I have literally spent hours and hours searching for this info since and haven't came across it anywhere. The best I can tell it was from an M1089 Wrecker. It's a Grove 12361. I don't have the valve manifold or controls. Just trying to get info so I can put this all together but I didn't want to buy a bunch of stuff that isn't correct.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
You need a 20gal or bigger tank.

Pto you will want 110% of your engine power. In the 40hp range.

Pump wise you will want a 15gpm or higher. GPm is speed in the hydraulic world so more gpm the faster it'll work.

You need a 4 way operational valve

Surplus center will have everything you need except the pto

seeinred04

Any idea about how much a parts truck would be and how hard are they to find?

Surplus Center? Is that a physical store or website?

I'm sorry to be thick, but this project has been brought to front and center. I rolled my current service truck, trying to avoid a drop deck heavy haul trailer that pulled in front of me from a county road. Destroyed my old rig and strung my life savings in tools all over the pasture and bar ditch of Ol Brown's final resting place. So I'm in a bit of a bind, in both time and money. I'm not whining just tryin to let y'all know where I'm coming from. I appreciate y'all's help.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Any idea about how much a parts truck would be and how hard are they to find?

Surplus Center? Is that a physical store or website?

I'm sorry to be thick, but this project has been brought to front and center. I rolled my current service truck, trying to avoid a drop deck heavy haul trailer that pulled in front of me from a county road. Destroyed my old rig and strung my life savings in tools all over the pasture and bar ditch of Ol Brown's final resting place. So I'm in a bit of a bind, in both time and money. I'm not whining just tryin to let y'all know where I'm coming from. I appreciate y'all's help.
Surpluscenter.com

1089s aren't common. One sold at auction two weeks ago for 22k.

member here had a PLS crane with all the hydraulics and controls in the classifieds if he hasn't sold it yet. @Derrickl112

Most of the Grove crane units had their valve bodies hooked to the unit like this one. I know this is true on the 1084s as well

Attachments

seeinred04

Surpluscenter.com

1089s aren't common. One sold at auction two weeks ago for 22k.
Yeah, that's not an option.

I've been scraping by for a year and a half now, this wreck couldn't have happened at a worse time.

IMG_20211024_081739700.jpg
My valve body was mounted in center. I had planned on electric over hydraulic, so I use a remote.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a 4 way valve body from a crane on ebay.

Electric over hydraulic 3/4" solenoids and manifolds aren't easy to find cheap

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks