• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic resevoir and p/s hoses

rickdavis81

The drivers side fender was off my truck when I bought it. Was putting it back on today and there is a couple things I can't figure out. There is a hose coming off the p.s pump that has a quick connect on it. Not sure where it goes. And there is one on the engine/radiator side of the reservoir towards the bottom that I can't find the hose for. Anyone have a diagram? I tried the tm's but couldn't find one. I should of taken a pic.

red

Not original plumbing on that truck then. Only plumbing from the power steering pump was used for power steering.

There were 2 different models of power steering on that generation truck (neither were connected using QD's).

Sounds like the previous owner had something extra plumbed in.

Monkeyboyarmy

I'm pretty sure that the M39 series, at least the gassers, has screw together quick disconnects for the power steering lines.....part of the QEC ability.

rickdavis81

First photo you can see the fitting on the side of the reservoir. Not sure what goes to it. Then the hose pictured in the second photo comes from the power steering pump. If you zoom in on the first photo it's the lower connection underneath the top visible one. I have more pics but my phone isn't sending them to my laptop and I've been up since 7 am yesterday and need to go to bed. Maybe the mystery hose connects to the reservoir and the fitting got lost?

5 ton 1.jpg5 ton 2.jpg