• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hydro boost problems

marlink1226

Question, i have a 1986 cucv m1008 with the 6.2. I replaced the power steering pump and ever since have had no power steering or brakes. I'm on my 3rd pump and think maybe its not the pump so i replace the steering box that has a slight leak and still nothing. i bleed the system every time unless im doing something wrong there. the pump i got were from bennet and napa and im not sure the pump there giving me has enough pressure. i it a speacial pump or just a regular gm pump. any help would be great

MotorDaddy

Just a guess, but I bet you don't have the relief valve in the power steering pump installed correctly. I remember this happened to me (years ago). When I swapped out the pump, the relief valve (that the pressure line comes out of) had a check valve and I screwed up the replacement order (ball then spring or was it spring then ball?) Anyway, no power steering.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
WEBSITE HELP is for WEB site problems, NOT truck problems, this should be in the CUCV fourm, makes search just a little better