• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I’M BLIND!!

69DeuceJuice

I’m having trouble with my windshield wipers on my deuce specifically the driver side wiper. They are the original air style motors and the little red button is stuck pressed down in the housing.it was working before but it stopped one day and won’t work again. If I put air to it and pull the wiper arm over it will return but it won’t swipe as it should. If this something as easy as spraying some air tool oil in the housing or and I gonna need to take it apart and rebuild it?

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try a small squirt of lubricant in the air motor and actuate the wiper with the lever for a few swipes to spread the lube inside the motor and if that doesnt fix it then take the motor off and clean it up or just overhaul it or just replace it with a NOS one. If your really willing to get crazy replace them both with electric motors its easy to do and you will not have problems like this!

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Air wipers are more powerful than any electrics, helpful if you encounter ice.

That button needs to be 'popped' out for them to work right.

The newer plastic motors are not repairable, all glued together.

The best were the vintage alloy Trico ones, easy to fix.

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best were the vintage alloy Trico ones, easy to fix.
Agreed, easy to disassemble and mechanically straightforward. The problem I had with mine were the poppet exhaust valves. Ran the valve heads through an ultrasonic parts washer. Freed up the ports on one of the wiper engines. Although still having problems with one poppet valve on the other wiper.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have always used a good cleaning and then a spray silicone to bring them back .. It helps to PM them, shoot a little into the intake at least a couple times a year .. I concur with many that the all-plastic ones have mediocre to poor performance, and if you don't keep them lubed there might be no recovering the all-plastic ones from the dead

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks