• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I almost feel guilty...

Jeepsinker

I must admit that I am a bit of a night owl... Sometimes I crank the deuce late at night and sit outside just to hear it run, sometimes I run into town late or very very early. People up to a mile away say they can hear my truck when it fires up, but it doesn't bother them. But I almost feel guilty when I'm sitting on the front porch with the lights off and the truck isn't running, I'm just relaxing and pondering the days events, and I see my closest neighbor( about 200 yards) sneak over with a 5 gallon fuel can and empty it into the fuel tank of my "diesel truck". I don't know whether to laugh and let it continue or what... I don't mind free gas. And that's what it was, gas.

KansasBobcat

Jeepsinker: just cranked up 3 diesels to let my neighbors know I'm steill here. Have 6 1102 trailers behind our fence so no violation. Would like a 5 ton but probably not a good idea. If you are coming this way let me know, All my friends are eccentric. Bob

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One must be courteous. I would drive over, let it idle in the drive and personally thanks him. Maybe offer to hold the flashlight for him. Moments like this are priceless and the one thing I miss most of deuce ownership.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As nice a 'thought' as it is, you might not like it anymore when he realizes gas isn't having the desired affect, and puts in something that WON'T burn...

18operator

Hey, You guys are welcome over anytime of the day or night! Bring over a few trucks, let them idle, (maybe goose the throttle a couple times)... There's a couple of neighbors that could use a little annoying... HEH...HEH...HEH...

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I would meet up with him and tell him you appreciate the nice thoughts but you feel bad about accepting his kindness.

Now in the guys defense he may enjoy the sound of the deuce and just be "paying it forward". Or not.

At any rate by speaking to him (in a nice and diplomatic manner) you will let him know that you have seen him pouring something in your fuel tank.

If his motives were sinister he now realizes that if something else ends up in there he will be the prime suspect.

A locking fuel cap may, to quote the sage philosopher Barney Fife "nip it in the bud".

This reminds me of an event that happened years ago when I lived on a well traveled county road. People were always knocking on my door asking if I had any "spare gas" because they had ran out.
Early one morning I went out and the cap was off the deuce tank and the fuel strainer had been removed. I knew I hadn't left it like that so I figured someone had helped themselves to some of my "deuce elixer" which consisted of WMO, WVO, transmission fluid and enough gasoline to thin it out and make it smell like gas. I had topped off the tank the night before because I was taking the deuce to a car show. I hopped in and headed to the show. When I got to the four lane I saw a vehicle running down the emergency lane smoking like a tar kettle and barely dragging along. I pulled over ahead of it and got out and waited until the car pulled up behind the deuce. The look on the idiot driving was priceless (I was dressed in BDU's with my tactical vest on which included a 9mm in the holster). I casually asked if he needed any help. He stammered that he didn't know what was wrong and they he was trying to get to a gas station. I said "yea....you probably got hold of some bad fuel". I then got back in the deuce and drove off with, I'm sure, a smug look on my face.

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Jeepsinker: just cranked up 3 diesels to let my neighbors know I'm steill here. Have 6 1102 trailers behind our fence so no violation. Would like a 5 ton but probably not a good idea. If you are coming this way let me know, All my friends are eccentric. Bob
This can potentially be arranged.

I may suggest giving me your street name but not your house number and that way I would have to drive back and forth looking for your house, obviously in 1st gear, low range and trying to achieve 15 mph.

Al Harvey

I'd talk to him also. Could be kindness or sinister. Also maybe he "borrowed" some fuel and then he felt guilty and decided to put it back. Do you know this neighbor at all?

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As funny as this story is I find it pretty disturbing on a certain level.

If he'd try to deliberately destroy the engine in your truck, what would he do to your cat or dog?

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

I'm know him fairly well. He never complains, just does dumb stuff. They mostly keep to themselves. This is part of the reason I check my fuel tank with a flashlight and drain my filters every day anyway. Maybe I'll park inside the fence now. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Depends on whether the horse is in the front field and I feel like dealing with her or not.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
QUOTE=Jeepsinker;1630397]I mean really the only thing the deuce won't burn is water.[/QUOTE]

It maybe that as you "turn the other cheek" and be a good guy then the next time it will be water.
You paid your taxes, so at least make a routine type written statement with the police. Depending on how you file a report the suspect/perp/person of interest, does not have to know that you filed. Police are there to investigate after a crime.

Anyhow this is right off of SS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGr0-7JaJOM

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

I know they don't like alcohol or acetone either. It was more of a figure of speech. Anyway, I have a night vision capable security camera and DVR I'll set up. I'm not going to file any report with nothing to show. I just don't understand. The guy is always nice, we help each other out when needed. I don't know. He has borrowed fuel from me before but that is an awful wierd way and time to return it.

Flyingvan911

You might go over and mention that you noticed his late night donation and you wanted to thank him. Be friendly and sincere. It will be a polite way of letting him know that you noticed without coming off as suspicious. Ask him if he'd like to check out the truck in the daylight or go for a ride. The conversation will likely tell you a lot about his feelings and motives.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks