• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I bring myself bad luck

stationjj

This evening While I was planning to mount a ammo can as a tool box in the back.

I was thinking at sometime I will need to overhaul the tailgate window crank.

Well today, as I was rolling up the window the crank broke off in my hand. So I guess the overhaul got moved up. HAHA!

I got a new crank from LMC. How hard is it to replace / overhaul?

I am guessing I will have to do the work from the inside with window up? I could remove the glass, but I have never done that before.

Any Tips?

stationjj

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This evening While I was planning to mount a ammo can as a tool box in the back.

I was thinking at sometime I will need to overhaul the tailgate window crank.

Well today, as I was rolling up the window the crank broke off in my hand. So I guess the overhaul got moved up. HAHA!

I got a new crank from LMC. How hard is it to replace / overhaul?

I am guessing I will have to do the work from the inside with window up? I could remove the glass, but I have never done that before.

Any Tips?

stationjj
It's simple but you need patience. Try a search, there is a thread or two on this. You do not have to remove the glass from the gate. What I did was lay the tailgate down and remove the access panel, then open the window, MAKE SURE YOU SUPPORT IT. Remove the fasteners holding the mechanisim and just slide it out of the way, you don't have to take it out. Then you have access to the crank handle. Pretty easy stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks