• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can finally post pics! Epic Deuce.

merlot566jka

iPhone app that finally lets me post pics is now on my phone.

See The Epic Recovery in the Deuce forum for details.

Ask questions about the pics, I'll answer tomorrow.

Modifications:
Blitz Black John Deere paint
Por-15 under coat
24V H4 Bi-Xenon lights
70 mustang 7" headlight housings
LED gauge lights
TM America 12v alt kit.
eBay primary, secondary and oil filter spin on kits
Insulated firewall
Napa heater blower motor
Autometer cobalt pyrometer
Autometer mechanical boost
Sealed windshields
Shift boots
Fluid changes

Attachments

merlot566jka

More info on the lights :)
Ill get exact details later, but everything was from eBay.

24V Bi-zenon HID's. H4 style bulb, 6000* K temp. I payed $48 for the kit. Delivery took 2 weeks from China.

Housings are generally any 7" round "crystal" headlights found on eBay. I think I paid $20 for the housings. Delivery was 4 days.

I made videos and instructions for the installation, but I cannot load it on here yet because I have to do it from my home computer and I have just had too much going on. It is a simple installation, easy to wire up.

The brights really don't do much more than the lows with this kit. But you dont need the brights with these bad boys. I will try to get a night shot of the view soon. It is immensly better

I forgot a mod, Civy wipers and blades...

hwcurtice

The picture on the highway looks familiar, but I can't quite place it...

So, when are you going to get bows and a cover for that? For the move to OK?

The rest looks great.

merlot566jka

I need to find Bows and Cover for it! I have no idea where to look in WA for all of that. Ill need them before the journey back home.

The pic on the highway is 405 just before the I5 interchange...I am pretty sure anyways. I was on the way to pick up a buddy at the airport. I got some looks by security when I got there!!

srodocker

Nice i've done the same headlight conversion. you are right about the bright/low thing. is yours a glass housing? as mine is a plastic cheaply made one and i want to switch back to glass ones. the peice that goes over the lightbulb in mine vibrates so much it brakes...im down to my last pair as i shattered one putting one in then one of those things broke... nice mods. also what firewall insulation did you use?

i was about to say that looks like 405...bleh i hate 405!

merlot566jka

I took some foam pieces from my ship, they come in sheets and we use it for securing delicate electronics against the vibrations of the ship. Ill post the nsn in a bit as I am in the shop right now. It worked well, but there is still much more to cover, I just dont know if I am going to insulate all under the cab or do it on the inside of the cab. I have a ton of this stuff and the ship just throws it out.

I have gone through 2 sets of those housings. The glass cracked on the first set, because I didnt line up the tabs on the back ( the trucks tab reliefs are off set for some reason and I put the "top" on the top and tightened it down)
The second set met its maker when I was climbing into the engine bay and my boot kicked the lense. So far no issues with the inside light deflector (btw, dont take those out... youll blind everyone and it really ruins the patern)
For the vibrations, I made sure the entire front was super tight, I only have slight vibrations at idle now, the lights and housings are holding up well.

Thanks for the compliments folks! :smile:

srodocker

ahh so we must have the same housings then.

im thinking of using some home insulation type of stuff for the cab and then adding horse mat and finding some thinner stuff that can go over the hump and figure out a way to make it look like a vinyl insert like some kits you can get for cars/trucks