• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I finally got my ip installed on my 002 and even with close to 20k hours it runs grt

Philratcliffe

I have three 002s and I run the **** out of them 24/7 continous. I just installed an new inj pump on one but was having trouble with it as it wasn’t making any horse power I had the pump set up right all along, the old pump when it puked must have sent debris to the injectors that clogged them and reduced flo. I pulled a set I recently had gone thru from one of my other 002s and it now runs good as new! I really work these things hard. I turn it off for about fifteen mins every Sunday 170+/- hours and change the oil one week and the oil and filter the following week even with close to 20k hours it starts within seconds with the glow plugs hot and doesn’t smoke or use oil at all. What a beast!
i hurt a cylinder on one tho when an injector came loose and it melted the aluminum inj holder and ran lean so it scored the cylinder in that hole. I bought two sets of std bore rings so will sleeve that one hole and re ring the other and install seals and gaskets I’m not even replacing the main bearing as the oil pressure is almost 40 lbs even with almost 15k hours. I just bought a rebuild factory motor for one redone in 81 and never run for 280 on eBay. I love these things and the are so easy on fuel