• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found out what it was..M37 tranny mystery

OldUDTguy

A few days ago I posted a photo of a mystery screw I found in my transmission when I changed the oil in my 1962 M37B1. Well here is the answer.....It was a set screw from the shifter fork from the .....PTO...not the transmission! After I took the top of the tranny off and everything was in place the only other place to go was the PTO. It fell out and was thrown into the transmission case. Lucky for me it went right to the bottom of the pan and I just put it back in...photo attached. Thanks to those who responded and maybe this will help someone who finds the same thing....:p

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks