• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I had some little jobs to do..

dmetalmiki

winter in the workshop..little fixes.well I fit reversing warning screechers on all my M. Series trucks. then I repaired all the wiring on my haglan bodied M54a2. (camper!) its on super 1600s so I fitted extra step rails so I can get in the flippin' thing! (bad bad knee & two boroken fingers) since jumping out of my kraz! (yeah shudda used a parachute) . fitted a welen kit to that truck. ) and to the "haglan"then I changed the generater on my deuce,,and the loaf of bread for an electronic unit!. repaired the wiring and relay/solanoids 4 the starter (replaced them 2) :: changed 14 tyres (1400s and 1200s) and swapped rims for future mods (single wheel conversions). took the bumper of the 5 ton (easy or what!?) err..to put it on the M62 wrecker..& having taken that bumper off too..(dare I tell ya'll?) my lad says..."Y dint U juss take of the wrecker bumper and staighten IT! ???" ho hum well I preffered the other sez I ..(lier!) the gussets and flanges ARE thicker. so we r 2 get the M62 bumper straightend. its only a bit bit twisted at the end mebbe an inch..but,,thats me! (2 lots of work one job!) I will post pics of our progress 2 morrow. rear inner wheel seals on the deuce, and four sets of front axle gaiters on 5 tons. & the M45. what else..OH YES "watt U see is what iz OIL PRESSURE gauges in every truck. (capilory tube type.) and the same for tempreture gauges as well. oh..a radio disc player in the haglan m54a2.(it now has FULL insulation and you easily speak at 65MPH without raising your voices!!) yes and a complete dash heater kit. (every other truck has em.) I am going to fit iol pressure pumps to the rest of the trucks as the M62 has. (15psi b 4 I hit the starter and I run the same pump ON SHUT DOWN) My posted idea works fine 4 those who read it..(goze like this) Master switch. on. 2nd master for FUEL PUMP! on..start up..after warm up to drive off SWITCH OFF the fuel pump master! (NOT the ignition gauge master ok) runs pulls just fine and NO MORE ridiculous "wasted" fuel pump rotation WEAR!. bout it for now hope you enjoyed the read anyway will post some pics 2 morrow(2 day!!) I wish to state that ALL (yes ALL the above jobs/work was carried out by my lad he's only 19 but an ABSALUTE STAR at meching and wiring..also welds in gas & electric.IF i join in he rebukes me and stops me to permit mending of my damaged bits. (of couse I oversea (& do light chores,) as a matter OF SAFETY):: he is MUCH appreciated as without his help..well..simply NO SHOW SEASON for us.

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

here are the crediting pics

some of the work being undertaken on one of my trucks, ( and a WHOLE LOT of ) credit and akowledgement to .Andy.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Forklifts are very helpful :-D

DMgunn

Wow - love those tires on the donor truck. They look like something from a Soviet vehicle. You never see anything like that over here.