• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have 1 too many trailers

KaiserM109

I just won the bid on a salvaged M101A1 trailer, so salvaged that it doesn't need an EUC. My wrench bending buddy and I want it to build a civilian trailer to pull behind his Jeep and the missing parts were not very important.

BUT, I have to part with something else. My wife has been kind enough to let me run a CAT5 cable out to the doghouse so that I can keep up with this web site until I do.

The trailer I want to pedal is a complete M105A2, sides, bows, top and all, that I haven't picked up yet because GL just got their stuff together today and sent the EUC application up. We inspected it prior to the sale, but the canvas (vinyl) was folded and we couldn’t open it up. There are minor dents that we will bang out as soon as we get it to the shop in Denver, so it should be in prime, show-ready condition when I have it ready to sell. We can even paint it to order, if requested.

Is this something that somebody will be interested in and do I have to get the SF97 on it to resell it? I will put it in the classifieds as soon as I have it in my possession and know exactly what I have.

Attachments

JDToumanian

Don't worry, GL will send you a certified letter demanding you file an EUC, then they'll tell you the trailer must be shredded. :roll:

KaiserM109

The EUCs are just a pain; it's the SF97 that chaps my #$&*. If you buy a car at a dealership, they don't add 10% fee, then sales tax then come back and tell you that you owe them another $60 to transfer the title. I asked someone in customer service what it was for and what sounded like a young girl answered that it was for the Fed Ex fees. My response was Fed Ex charges are about $20 for that, but they could send all 3 in one envelope for one fee then. She replied that it is right there in the fine print, one fee for each item. I'm still going to have licensing and title fees at the state to pay.

I have 2 complete M105A2 trailers, another that is minus the tailgate, the pintle eye and possibly brakes. I plan to keep the better of the 2 complete ones for my deuce, sell one and cut the incomplete one down and put hubs on it to match my Jeep J20 truck. The M101A1 remnants will become a Jeep trailer with 5-on-5 1/2 bolt hubs to match old Fords and old Jeeps.

What I am pondering right now is do I have to get an SF97 for any or all of the trailers? In Colorado there is such a thing as "Homebuilt" which we might use for the M101A1 because all we will be using from the original trainer is the box and springs. On the M105A2 that we are going to modify, we plan to move the wheels outside the box and put on external fenders. We will be pulling off the brakes (anyone need parts?) and putting on hubs for 16 inch 8 bolt rims. I will keep the wheels and tires for my deuce; I already have one bad one on a rear dual. Will that one qualify as "homebuilt" or not? I don't know. I'm not trying to beat the law, or I wouldn't be saying anything here, but I don't want to spend money that I don't have. I haven't gotten the SF97 on my deuce yet because I'm that short right now. The truck is in storage.

This big green hobby is definitely addictive and expensive. I don't dare tell my wife what is on my GL watch list.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you decide, be aware that GL will only issue an SF97 within a one year period of the purchase of your item.

ktm380

Just looked at the top that came with my M105 from Carson and it is very nice. The side boards are rough but repairable. There where alot of nice trailers but some of the prices got out of hand.
Yes, Colorado has "Homebuilt" titles but be very careful to track your build. I do need some brake parts to keep me in mind.

KaiserM109

I'm glad to hear that your top is in good shape; that tells me that mine should be also.

I will keep you in mind for parts. I will probably pull the brakes off of one, but I will be fixing the other 2 up. When I have them 'in hand' and get them inspected and fixed as they need it, I will take pictures and put one up for sale on EBay. I need to recoup some of my investment. This dog house is drafty and a squirrel keeps chewing on my CAT5 cable.

I'm still waiting on the EUCs. GL in Arizona screwed up and kicked it back to me for information that I did fax to them. They sent the application to Battle Creek on Tuesday of this week, 2 weeks after I faxed it to them. One of the SS members is planning to pick up goods at Ft. Carson and come on to Denver next week on his way to Ft. Riley. I would like to get this done in time to meet him there and work out some mutual logistics problems. We'll see how fast Battle Creek is.

jasonjc

Mine took 10 day's. And if you do get SF97's doubble check the numbers when you get them. They had the VIN wrong on one that I just got from them. They screwed up. But I did not catch it untill after I got the title so now I have to get it fix :evil: :evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks