• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just blew my tranny in atlanta. HELP!

jwaller

does anybody here in atlanta have a spare they want to sell? anybody?

I was on my way to pick up my M270 with a dolly and about 100 miles west of atlanta 5th gear let go and seems to have wiped out about everything else as well. it just crunches and grinds.

I'd like to get her back up and running asap.

call me with any ideas please. 803-546-1897
I just got back from towing her to my grandparents in douglasville where I will begin removal tomorrow.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I don't have a tranny, but if you need help, you know where to find me.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Are you stuck where shipping a tranny down to you might be worth the time? I have to check it out, but I may have a spare tranny that was supposedly was pulled from a working truck.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you can't find one near Hotlanta you are not too far from Shorty's in Alexandria, AL.
He has several cannibilized vehicles on the yard.

Contact info:
Shorty's
7744 Al Highway 144
Alexandria, AL 36250
(256) 892-3131

citizensoldier

Hey Jwall. I put a call into a guy I know who has a brand new Transmission in the crate. I will not here back until 7 PM my time or so. To follow up on builders question. You willing to pay for shipping to where you are at? It would be coming from Indiana. My other idea is some guys in FL.. I am looking for there phone numbers but they had a couple good take outs.
If your 100 mile west of Hotatlanta so that puts you 1/2 accross Alabama right? Doing what I can for ya and keep us all posted.
Lane

jwaller

I am not stuck. the truck is back near atlanta. I can borrow a vehicle from my parents to get home but I'd like to get this thing back on the road asap. I would prefer to find a trans here locally and not pay shipping. I can drive to Al if needed to find one.

shorty's does not have a trans, just called them.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try RDM, he's got at least one parts truck. If nothng else he may be able to loan you a tranny.

citizensoldier

Ok guy. keep us posted.. If you cant find one locally I will get one sent to you somehow.. Mike told me RDM was going to help you. I know Andy is on vacation so he cant help. I wish you good luck.. Also aua :grd: :) wish I was closer I would go get that trailer with ya..

FSBruva

Re: RE: I just blew my tranny in atlanta. HELP!

mangus580 said:
See..... I knew once he piped up he would have something LOL
"Once he piped up?" You make it sound like has been lurking for the past 6 hours, waiting until the opportune moment to speak up!!!! :)

BTW - I think that's a record. 7 hours to find a tranny!?!?! DANG!!

Matt

rdixiemiller

RE: Re: RE: I just blew my tranny in atlanta. HELP!

Just checked for the first time a few minutes ago. I have a parts truck that still has the tranny in it. truck was a runner til a rod came through the block. Shouldn't take too long to drop the tranny out the bottom and get it ready to install. You can use it until you get a replacement for your truck, or just get a replacement tranny for me. I am about 40 minutes away from Douglasville.

FSBruva

RE: Re: RE: I just blew my tranny in atlanta. HELP!

Me too...

I think it's spectacular the way this site allows friends help each other out in times of need.

LONG LIVE BIG GREEN IRON!!!

Matt

jwaller

Re: RE: Re: RE: I just blew my tranny in atlanta. HELP!

rdixiemiller said:
Just checked for the first time a few minutes ago. I have a parts truck that still has the tranny in it. truck was a runner til a rod came through the block. Shouldn't take too long to drop the tranny out the bottom and get it ready to install. You can use it until you get a replacement for your truck, or just get a replacement tranny for me. I am about 40 minutes away from Douglasville.
thats awesome. When and how can I get you on the phone to make arrangements to help you remove it from the truck it's in?

my num is 803-546-1897 if you want to call me and not post up your number thats cool.

jwaller

well I got the old trans out this afternoon and opened the top. nothing appears to be wrong with it but the main shaft doesnt turn properly. it seems that it's broken internally. the output shaft support plate on the outside of the case is also busted, thats where all the fluid went.

I think I am going to borrow the trans from RDM and repair this one later. maybe get up with spicer and get a taller 5th gear to put in this thing.

alphadeltaromeo

Additionally CSI may be able to get a replacement: http://www.csihmmwv.com/index.html

634 Golf Course Road
Tallapoosa, Georgia 30176
Phone: 770-445-0455
Fax: 770-445-0525

They are just west of Carrollton. Then again, Rdixie's is easy to get to...and he's open :p - WAY to show GA hospitality as well as true SS tradition!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks