• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I just "won" my first MV!!

Pawnshop

I just won a GL auction for my first MV! A M35A2 with radial singles and troop seats, described as "starts, goes, stops", which I guess is promising:) I still have to wait for the "award" tonight, but I assume I am the official "winner".

WHAT do I need to do after the award? I am going to need some talking through the procedures, filing the EUC etc... so I don't screw it up. I wish this worked like eBay, I would go get it tomorrow!!

And then I will need transport from San Antonio to my yard in Cedar Park, any advice there?

I am so excited I could bend spoons with my mind right now!!

Sam

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
You have PLENTY of time......

Congrats on the truck, check the resources section of this website for the operators manual, etc, etc, etc.....

Alredneck

Banned
Great first pick, Clean lookin rig, Congrats also, if you got some time and a buddy go get it and drive it back after your EUC clears. Make sure that is filled out correctly and as accurate as possible because it will probably take awhile if it is your first. MIne took almost 3 months. So kick back relax, start saving money for mods and stuff, think about how much fun it will be when you get to drive it later on. Read lots, and lots of post on here to get familiar with your rig before even messing with it. Download the manuals and read thoughs. Captain

Pawnshop

I already have a copy of TM 9-2320-361-10, operators manual 2-1/2 ton, 6x6, M44A2 series trucks (multifuel) that I have about commited to memory, and I have a bunch of new friends in the Lonestar MVPA that I recently joined (hi Sarge & M813rc) so I am sort of prepared, but I ain't scared and I am trainable!

I know the EUC will be a while and that is the scary part for me, I know how I am with money and I hope I can hang onto it long enough to spend it when I finaly can!

My lack of experience is trhe reason I don't want to drive it home even though it sounds like it will make the trip. It's only 70mi or so but I don't want to trash something because I didn't know what to look for or listen to. The NEXT one I can drive home! I got this one SO cheap I can afford a tow home:)

I want to basicly preserve this rig in the configuration it was in when it rotated out of service, so fixing any defects, cleaning and maintaining it will be about all I will do, other than drive it! I realized a few years ago that I have a NEED to own and drive a MV full of vets in parades whenever I can, I did not serve (long story involving a bad hip and other factors...) but I have a need to honor those who did. The military Is not just fighter pilots and riflemen, ALL who served are to be honored, even truck drivers. This will be my P51.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check with Rory Or John to see if either one can help you get it back. Check the GL section, I think Robyn put up pics of correct (sample) EUCs. Do them on the GL site and it will prompt you on most of the boxes. Congrats.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you e-mail them a very good, scanned copy if your drivers license. Like an 8x10 size copy!

deess

congrats, i also won today from sanantonio, that sucks it takes so long for the euc i had no idea. bought my first one last weekend it was a blast to drive home.

FreightTrain

Banned
nah,Just send a copy of your Drivers license via Email to them.Packing permits are useless to them.Uncle sugar will do a really REALLY deep look into you when they get the paperwork.DO NOT USE PO BOX ADDRESSES!They require an actual physical address and they do a reverse search to make sure you actually live there via phone records.Plus all kinda other checks to make sure you ain't gonna blow up a building in the name of Allah or whatever false god those nutjobs worship.

Pawnshop

Is it going to be a problem that I do not have a land line? I have been cell only for more than 10 years, however the billing address for the cell is the same street address as my residence.

Pawnshop

Re: RE: I just "won" my first MV!!

deess said:
congrats, i also won today from sanantonio, that sucks it takes so long for the euc i had no idea. bought my first one last weekend it was a blast to drive home.
Did you get one of the shop vans? I was hoping the buyer of the 5t tractor lives in my area and wouldn't mind doing a bit of towing for me :D

scooter01922

70 miles is nothing, check it over top to bottom and head for home. They really are pretty easy to drive, Just like a really big pick up truck.

LibertyDeuce

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: I just "won" my first MV!!

CONGRATS!! i just drove my new M109A3 shop van from Ft. Sam Houston to the NYC area. I contacted O'Briens auto repair in San Antonio near the base. Towed it out and got it ready for the ride home. They did a FANTASTIC job!!! PM me if you want more info.
Josh

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sam, if you are concerned about driving it, I'll drive it back for you. We can run down there, check it out real good and if all looks okay head north. If we don't get all the way back, we'll holler at Sarge or Jeff to grab my 5-ton and the towbar and come get us.
A couple of years ago we picked up Jeff's M35 in Virginia, drove it to Illinois where we picked up Sarge's M1003, drove them both to Memphis Equipment and bought a bunch of parts and then on to Texas. THAT was a trip!

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks