• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I love my 5ton!

kstate90

Well it is not really mine but belongs to the fire district. It is stationed at my house so I get to drive it. Today we had a large fire that burned close to 1500 acres. It was 5 miles long accross some very rough pastures. 308 is my truck. It started life as a dump truck. We carry 1200 gallons of water on it. Today I got to do some serious offroading with it. We came to a draw that had water running through it. All the pickups were lined up watching the fire come toward them. I drove down to where they were. I asked them what they were doing. They said we can't cross that we will get stuck. I said let me look at it. So I walked down to the draw and looked at the situation. The water was about a foot wide but the ground was solid on both sides. I told the guy riding with me to hold on. I eased up to the draw and as soon as the front wheel dropped in the water I gave it the coal and accross we went. We were the only truck that crossed from that side. People think a pickup will go more places than a 6x6. I will take my 6x6 any day over a pickup. 3 times the water and alot more rubber on the ground. Sorry I don't have any pictures from today. I was a little busy. Glad the site is back up and running. Thanks to the moderators and guys who put the fire out on here. This site is my resource for information on questions I have about our 5 tons.