• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a part number for combat wheel o-rings (thick)

dma251

Does anyone know the part number or a source for the thick round o-ring for the two piece combat wheels? I understand there are three different styles - thin round, thick round, and triangular shaped.

My local Les Schwab Tire store can get the two round styles, but can't seem to find the p/n for the thicker one.

Anyone?

Attachments

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 800 series 5 ton 24P doesnt show an O ring of any sort. Are you sure they arent 900 series rims? Got a part # or NSN imprinted on the rim?

dma251

The wheels are probably from a 900 series or maybe a hemtt. They are the "combat wheels" everyone is always talking about. The truck I have originally had split rims like most. Either way, the info I have heard is that the military only uses three different styles of o-rings. thin, thick, and triangular. I need the thicker one.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
the number for o ring in the hemtt rims is 52-49529-00, there is only ONE o-ring shown, there is two different rims used on the hemtt , the 2 piece with o-ring and the 3 piece split rim

M1075

I never had a part number so I had some made a while back. How many do you need? I think I have a few left from my original order.

dma251

I need 6 - My local tire store swears they can get them - but without a part number I'm beginning to have my doubts. I know where I can get the 24" thicker ones, so my other option is to buy those and do the razorblade and superglue trick.... I believe they are something like .375" thickness...

mangus580

dma, stupd question, but is it not possible to get e22 the rim part #, so he can look it up for you? Maybe take some better pictures of your rims? Possibly even the spot where the O-ring seats? It seems that there is a few different styles of 'combat' rims, and if we dont know exactly which one you have, nobody can help you. So far we are just stabbing int he dark, and you could be pointed in the wrong direction.

dma251

Sorry, I'm on a trip to Montana, so I'm emailing from my truck.... I'll post part numbers for the wheels and better pics as soon as I get home tonight.
I do appreciate all the help.

M1075

DMA-

I ordered them through O-Rings, Inc. (323) 343-9500. The order indicates the part number as "61 CL x .375 BN70". I went with a cheaper compound than the mil-spec. About 75% cheaper that way.

I'm still looking for the valvestems if you find a source. I got some off ebay, but they are the wrong ones. :-(

dma251

Thanks alot. I'll order them from them. That really helps.

By the way - about 30 minutes after I made my last post on hwy 15 S. leaving Great Falls, Montana my girlfriend and I were riding in my 2003 f350 crewcab when we were cut off on an icy downhill grade and rolled the truck 3 times into the grassy median. I'm sitting in the Greatfalls airport now witng for a flight back to Seattle. The truck is totalled, but we are both perfectly alright, and amazingly enough so is my laptop!
Seatbelts were the right call. What a RIDE!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks