• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need a starter

akcucv

Does anybody know where i could get one localy, like napa? And if so do you have a part number? I think my selonoid completly cracked off of my starter. I haven't taken it down to check yet though. But i do know i need a new starter though.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Best bet is at a starter/alternator shop. Get the gear reduction model. About $200
Many on this site will say to install new bolts as well.

dependable

I don't have the part numbers, but if you want a 12v gear reduction, ask for a civi srarter for a late 80,s early 90s 6.2 at any auto parts store. Don't bother with 12v non gear reduction. The 24v non gear eductions can be had from Memphis Equipment for big $. I recently got a new gear reduction 24v starter [# MT-28] from Nations stater and alternator, They are online, These cost less than $300 They are ok but I've had to replace the soliniod [at low hours but under warrenty]. If you find a better source , let me know.

akcucv

So i got the starter out, P/N 1998454, and found the nose cone broken where the selonoid bolts to. I did find the bolt closet to the block loose, and it's definitly not the correct bolt, but same size and thread. After the starter was out i looked up it that hole and i can see a broken bolt in there. I think the original bolt broke off and they thought that bolt would hold it in, even though it wasn't actually holding anything. Plus the support bracket that everybody talks about was not there either.

I've heard of a place here locally that might be able to rebuild the starter, but where can i get the support bracket? The dealership?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks