• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need an m1008 electrical pro

milestone

Ok I purchased a gage kit from Speed Hut it has GPS Speedometer, Fuel Gauge, Tach, Oil Pressure, Coolant Temp, Trans Temp, and Alt/Battery 1, and Alt/Batt . Mounting everything and routing wires has been a job but it looks really good. everything is in and aside from calibrating the tach and speedo we can't get 1 of the dual 12 volt voltmeters to work for alt, bat 2. Has anyone been able to install dual gauges for monitoring the 12 volts separately. Could a 24 volt meter be used to monitor the whole system. I have the stock 24 gauge but I would like one to match the other gauges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

steelandcanvas

I'm no 1008 electrical pro, but here goes. Where are you picking up your negative for Battery/Alternator #2? I believe Battery/Alternator #2 are isolated from the common frame ground. Your Negative for that gauge should go to Battery #2 and not the frame. Have you tested that particular gauge on another source? The following diagram my help you.

CUCV Charging System.jpg

Last edited:

MarcusOReallyus

There it is. The mostly likely problem is that you are not isolating the ground. Can you describe more what is happening? What is it that you can't get to work? How do you have it connected.