• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I need to rent/borrow a HMMWV on the east coast (Virginia) for a film project

VinceAtReal4x4s

Hey guys, my name is Vince. I own Real4x4.com which are forums that cover Pinzgauers, Volvo C303's and Haflingers since 1999. I used to import these as a side business, and am an avid off-roader. In regular life I work in film production.

Late this spring I'm shooting a "proof of concept" short film to help get investment in the full-length movie. The main prop I need is a four door (prefer sand colored, soft top) Humvee. I need one in poor looking, but basic driving condition with doors. In the story it's suppose to look old and worn out since the time period of the movie is 30+ years from now and this is a "farm vehicle" that was in storage for years... so the worse looking, the better!

I'm hoping to find one that I can drive or haul to western Va. for the shoot. I would only need it for a week and would only drive it on-camera a few miles total. And no, I will not be shooting at it or blowing it up. :-D

Any leads or ideas on who might be up for helping me out would be very much appreciated.

dk8019

Mine is out in Southwest VA, I think we could arrange something. It's a farm vehicle, we could muddy it up. It's a four door, soft top, and lives in a barn. PM me!

mopar

Vince is a good guy runs a great pingauer/volvo c303/unimog forum and makes some great short films. I sent him over here because you guys are great bunch and always willing to help out another enthusiast in the hobby. Here's a film he's done:
https://vimeo.com/136678953

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one in Alexandria VA, not terribly west, but I might could make her available. dk8019's might be closer. Mine is an '87 in camo with solid green doors though. Does fit the bill of looking careworn.

Bulldogger

MaverickH1

Sounds like you are looking for MaverickH1
Thanks for the shoutout. :jumpin:

He ended up contacting me, and what he wants to do sounds pretty tame but I wanted to be there for everything that was happening since this truck is my baby, and I doubt that would have been possible with our schedules.

I gave him another contact that I hope works out. Good luck, Vince!