• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I never relized XZL's were so huge!!!

Ridgerunner

I've been looking for a little bigger tire to run on my shorty Deuce. Something in the size of maybe a 14.00 or so. But I came across a set of five Michelin XZL 16.00-20's, four of them already mounted on 12" wide double bead lock wheels, with the 6-bolt Rockwell pattern. The tires have atleast 90% tread. The price was right and they already had the wheels, so I couldn't pass them up. I guess I should apoligize to the wheel bearings, before the tires get bolted on.

You don't realize how big they are untill you actually see them in person. Now that I have them home, I don't even know if they'll even fit with out having to put a lift on the Deuce first.

100_1986.jpg

100_1987.jpg

100_1988.jpg

Here you can see how big they are next to the little Ranger.
Also next to a stock 9.00-20

100_1989.jpg

100_1991.jpg

dm22630

Those are the same tires I have here that are going on my M813 & M818 this week.

They will NOT fit under a deuce without lifting the bed!

Also....you will have to take off in low range 2nd gear, or you will not move. Air-assist is a must also.

Personally, I would sell them to a 5 ton guy......keep the rims & get some 395s.

2cents

HeadWizard

They will NOT fit under a deuce without lifting the bed! Really?

Also....you will have to take off in low range 2nd gear, or you will not move. Not very well anyway. Air-assist is a must also. Yup.

Personally, I would sell them to a 5 ton guy......keep the rims & get some 395s.

What are you trying to do, buy some more tires?

2cents
16.00's won't fit....

Attachments

dm22630

HAHAHAHAHA ;)

See! I found all this out from someone much wiser than me!

Don....I didnt think you ever drove that truck. I thought it was your parking lot ornament! :mrgreen:

grounded

Banned
for some reason DANIELS place keeps turning into a east coast meeting point or distribution center. LOL!!! kind of bad i can drive to your place now in my sleep and no need for GPS lol

O yea for some reason though when people meet at his place he keeps hearing CHA CHING!!! rofl

Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner, How the ell did you put those in that trailer?
They were already on his trailer, so I backed my trailer up to his and rolled them from one to the other.

Let me tell ya.... if one got away from you some how and tipped over or fell on you while loading them on the trailer, it could do some damage. You'd feel that one in the morning.

davesgmc

i do believe that trailer is a bit OVERLOADED! I brought my 16's back strapped to the back of my frame rails on my 5 ton, we Used makes m62 wrecker to load them up there, it was a breeze. But unloading them was a bit of a challenge. I finally decided to just roll them off the back of the 5 ton, but to keep then from rolling through the neighbors house i put a chain on the wheel, attached it to the frame and then just pushed then off the back of the truck,,,,YEAH they bounce! then I had to go lift then back to the up right position and roll then into the garage. They took up the whole damned garage!

Ridgerunner

i do believe that trailer is a bit OVERLOADE!
The tires are heavy, but not that heavy. The trailer has a 3500# axle, and the trailer weighs 530# empty. As for the tires, they are rated at 1695# each at 50psi. (I looked at the load rating , when I was checking the air pressure in the tires the night before I went to get the XZL's)

I don't know if it hurts or helps, but I always run trailers tires 10-psi over listed inflation. (I run the little trailer at 60-psi) It's one of those things that I do, and always have. Never had a problem yet. (now that I said that.....I'll get a flat/blow-out, the next time out:cry:)

russ81

"There is NO way I would drive to Michigan....even if they were free. :wink: I am not one of those crazy Ohio guys.... "

WHAT'S WRONG WITH US "OHIO GUYS?"

dm22630

HAHAHAHAHA

I wouldnt say anything is wrong.....but I do know Grounded drives about 3,000 miles per week just to pick up random stuff! I hate driving 15 miles to the truck shop! ;)

rofl

MilitaryRestoration

hhmmm scary looking trailer with that weight... is it the pics or is the tongue on that trailer bent? and from experience dont let on fall onto you that has a hemtt rim on it... you wont get out from under it until neighbor comes over lol :-/ ;-)