• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I tagged Bert, now I need a tag light.

Lonesome715

We were able to tag and insure Bert. I used an old bracket from god only knows where that I think my dad had lying around long before I had it lying around. So now the challenge is I have to install a tag light. I would really like to avoid a citation. Because money is so tight I would like to use something I have lying around and make my own 24V light. I have plenty of stuff to use if I could install a 12V. So does anybody have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?

Attachments

mckeeranger

We were able to tag and insure Bert. I used an old bracket from god only knows where that I think my dad had lying around long before I had it lying around. So now the challenge is I have to install a tag light. I would really like to avoid a citation. Because money is so tight I would like to use something I have lying around and make my own 24V light. I have plenty of stuff to use if I could install a 12V. So does anybody have any ideas, thoughts or suggestions?
You can use any kind of a light, just put in a 24v bulb.

Lonesome715

I just assumed this state requires them. Most of the LEO's out here have been tought so many different ways to enforce the law I figured I would just play it safe and install one.

73X

I was pulled over by the local P.D. and "warned" about not having a license plate light and was told it was required. Not wanting to start a trend of "warnings" I just installed one and went the safe route also.

Lonesome715

I just spent quite a while trying to make something work with out halfassing it. I may be forced to spend money on this project. I want to avoid the warnings as well.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was pulled over by the local P.D. and "warned" about not having a license plate light and was told it was required. Not wanting to start a trend of "warnings" I just installed one and went the safe route also.
I figured to avoid that trend too so I bought a cheap license plate light and replaced the bulb with a 24v one. Works fine.

Lonesome715

I think I have an extra 24V buld, I just have to find it and make sure it fits my light assembly. If so all I have to do is find a way to mount it with out making it look all rigged up.

Lonesome715

I like it as well. It almost looks as though it is suppose to be that way. I would like one of those lights, but the money is not there right now. That is why I am trying to find a way to do this with out spending money.