• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I think I found the one

Bo1

I think I found the one (Added Pictures)

Been looking for a few months, and I think I found my first Deuce.

'67 AM General M35A2. Hard top. (whistler)
11K miles ( did not ask about hours) He has owned it for about 5 years, and put about 2500 miles on it.
Owned by a diesel mechanic (shop owner) and has a clean title. He owned 6 or 7 at one time, and kept this one for himself.
He states everything is in working order including brakes and winch. Truck looks good from the pictures, and I see no visible rust. He states that it is a very clean truck.
He took a trip in the truck last year from Louisiana to South Carolina, and said he would not hesitate to drive it to California today.
Thinking about taking the 2 hour drive up this coming weekend and buying it if it checks out.
He is firm at 6K, and I think that is a fair, to good deal considering what I have looked at, and the condition of what I have seen out there...

Can anyone talk me out of buying this truck for this price? :)

Thank you for any comments,
Bo

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Is this the one you showed me with the tan hardtop? If so I would say buy it and bring it by here and we'll go over it with a fine tooth comb. Let me know when you go and I'll tag along, or we can just take my deuce and towbar in case of issues.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price depends on condition, and 6K is at the top end of the scale, but not out-of-line today for an excellent condition runner. Take up Jeepsinker's offer to inspect it with you - his expertise is worth paying for.

Remember when you get it, we require photos!

Bo1

Yes Jeepsinker, It is the one I showed you on Saturday.
I will let you know when I am heading up there, and see if ya want to hitch a ride...
Thanks,
Bo

Flyingvan911

Sounds good. Also see if it had the more powerful LDS multi fuel. That 50 extra horsepower is nice. Radial tires are a bonus too. As mentioned above, 6k isn't bad for a truck that is in great shape.

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the pics. The hardtop needs some cosmetic work, but the truck looks straight and rust free. The winch is at least a $1000 upgrade. The fiberglass sides and winch kick up the value to a better deal on the price. If the mechanics are good and you want a Deuce, I would buy it.

dmetalmiki

Take the advice and the company, enjoy the trip that looks an ok truck and if as described you should be good to go. (talk you out of it?..NO.)

ageregunner

It looks like a keeper to me. You are very fortunate to have an experienced person go look at it with you. I can't wait to see some better photos when you buy it.

TsgtB

Sounds good to me, look it over good. See what the oil on the dip stick looks like, run it between your fingers good and see if it feels slick or sticky.
If you know mechanical or can have someone who does to look it over.

FloridaAKM

Take Jeep sinker with you & let him kick the tires & such. If he likes it, buy it & take him up on the fine tooth comb deal. The winch makes it a deal breaker for $6K if it is operational.