• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I too followed jeep sinker on the cummins 12v swap in my deuce.

seabeehotrodder

i'm about 95% done, but am wondering how people would suggest marrying up the 12 volt cummins requirements (starter, gauges, etc.) with the 24 volt (lights, lift pump, turn signal module, etc.) deuce system. i thought about separating the deuce system into two systems, one 12 and one 24volts but it seems overall better to just go with 12 across the board. 3 things come out that thinking though; first would the turn signal flasher module work with only 12 volts, the bulbs could just be changed to 12v-and what flasher would a person trade with the deuce one. second, I've found both comments while doing research that the cummins doesn't need a lift pump, if it doesn't then can the cummins just suck fuel thru the deuce in tank pump, if it need one will the deuce pump even work on 12 volts and if so would it damage it prematurely. and lastly would a couple 12volt to 24 volt converters work for these issues, i've found some that are rated at 10 amps but i didnt look for higher amp ratings. my deuce has already been converted to an RV with all the gizmos thereby associated with an RV. my engine came out of a 1996 bluebird bus and i have the entire under hood wiring harness and gauge cluster. any help is greatly appreciated.

davidb56

as far as the in tank pump. I drove mine for roughly 6 months without working. My IP pump sucked it right through the dead pump. I got a aftermarket exterior inline pump on the tank pulling fuel right through the old dead in tank pump.

HanksDeuce

I have both 12V and 24V systems in my bobbed deuce with a Cummins 6BT engine. I kept all of the factory 24V items in tact, and I only needed 12V for things like the A/C system, Autometer gauges, USB chargers, and fan clutch. A good Vanner equalizer will take care of any 12V needs.

More info can be found here:
https://www.hanksdeuce.com/12v_24v_systems.htm

My Cummins 6BT engine has a lift pump on the driver side of the crankcase, and it's cam driven. There is a rubber cover on it for initial priming by hand. I disconnected the wiring on my factory M35A2 fuel pump in the tank. I also ran my own SS fuel lines from the tank to the engine.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks