• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I WANT a pair of these!

M1075

Leonard, you could get some made up easily. I got my convoy signs made locally for about $45 each.

That LHS is a versatile truck. Not quite the payload of the PLS, but is does stuff into a C-130 nicely! I'd like to have one or two.

houdel

�M1075� said:
That LHS is a versatile truck. Not quite the payload of the PLS, but is does stuff into a C-130 nicely! I'd like to have one or two.
I don't have a C-130 to stuff one into, at least not yet nor in the foreseeable future (although the Mega Millions Lottery is a viable possibility). I'd still like one of the trucks though!

CGarbee

I worked on a highway widening project (US17 in Jacksonville, NC) once and we had a constant parade of brand new Oshkosh's running through the workzone sporting "student driver" signs... A little unnerving when you are standing in the road (with reduced lane widths) and you realize that the person behind the wheel is a novice...

Of course, it was even more unnerving watching the two ordnance disposal teams do their thing every time we ran into something (had two teams assigned to us and they were there, and busy, all day, every day...)...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to be picky, but one reason MVs have vertical windshields is to reduce reflections from the sun, the HEMTTs must produce some reflections to say the least.

Jones

Bjorn, With a skid-plate made from a single 4' X 8' piece of plate; they're ALL front bumper.
As for windshield reflections... with glass that big you can blind an entire company of the bad guys.

DMgunn

Jones - Hate to wander off-topic (as usual), but how do you live with yourself knowing that you've been depriving us of "baby HEMTT" updates for so long? I haven't had a decent night's sleep in months.... even an overall pic as-is would be enough to help for the time being......

I am suffering from "MV envy", and my addiction MUST be satisfied. If you don't mind.

Jones

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. When I can escape work I've been stripping excess wiring, running air lines and fuel lines, doing some in-cab tinkering and wasp nest eradicating. Just didn't figure much of that was note-worthy. Will take some photos to share so you don't think I fell out of love with the baby HEMTT.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jones said:
Sorry for the lack of updates guys. When I can escape work I've been stripping excess wiring, running air lines and fuel lines, doing some in-cab tinkering and wasp nest eradicating. Just didn't figure much of that was note-worthy. Will take some photos to share so you don't think I fell out of love with the baby HEMTT.
In the interim....
Just happen to have a couple of pictures of Leonard's project from my visit last Fall. It is parked in a tight spot and not so easy to get an overall picture (Sept, 2006).

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Being able to see a real HEMTT and the baby HEMTT side by side shoes how impressive and neat-o Jones' project is.

Now we need to convince him to bring it to Aberdeen or next year's SS Ga Rally!

AJMBLAZER

I've been in one of those things when someone decides to cut it off at a stop light...

...picture a small Asian woman in a convertible looking over her shoulder, mouth open either in awe or screaming, and then vanishing under your field of view.

We didn't hit her but not by much. She took off at the next green like we were going to come after her...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks