• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I will be picking up my first Deuce

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since this is my first M.V. I would like to here from some of you members that have been involved and have experience with these awesome vehicles, some pointers on what I should consider before making the trip, tools to bring etc. The vehicle is a 1953 REO deuce and a half, with a 1990 stamped multi fuel engine, the previous owner has done some work to it with his son over the years while he has owned it. it was never registered to be operated on the roads. although he would drive it on his property and local street from one field to the other, when i went up to look at it I did take it for a short ride on his property and through the fields and down some of the local streets. the clutch and trans seem to feel right and from what i could feel the brakes did stop it. the under side looked pretty dry all around the breaks lines and behind the wheels brake drums, but I wasn't able to test them at a speed of 45 mph. I am planning on picking it up this weekend if possible if it doesn't rain or snow. also along with the truck and extra parts it came with a 1954 checker cab trailer,m105a3. the electrical hook up is working but the air connection cannot be hooked up in count that the bumper is bent and it interferes with the hook up with the glad hands. I will be travailing I 95 south from Lebanon Conn. to Staten Island N.Y. any help would be app. i would like to post pictures but cant find out how it is done. thanks

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and hobby. If it is not registered you can't drive it. It has to be registered in your name, (then) insured and appropriate taxes duties or road use tags paid. If possible trailer or transport it. MAKE SURE there is a legal title for it before parting with any money.

CHIEFSONN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK thank for your responds ,I did have the proper forms to insure it with Haggertys insurence, and have it registered in ny. any vehicle over 20 years doesnt need a title in ny. and it does have a air transfer case.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks