• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ice Storm - Mep-003 running great

coyotegray

The power in my neighborhood went off about 30 Min ago due to ice and high winds.

Fired-up the 003 and I’m the only house around with power...

I have to admit, I am feeling a bit smug...:grin:

Andy..

coyotegray

Utility power is back on now... A messily little 2 hour outage..
I was hoping for at least 16 hours...
I had just topped of the tank for the night...

Andy..

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, that's still a good 2 hour run...and the great feeling of knowing you have power during those times when you REALLY don't want to be without it....a house can get cold FAST when the power is out!!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After hurricane IKE mine was woth it's weight in gold! We were the only ones with enough power to run the central A/C. Other than listening to it run outside, it made life pretty much normal untill services came back on line. Being prepaired sure keeps the misriability factor low when it gets ugly!

steelandcanvas

FWIW: I received my paid invoice and approved EUC yesterday for my MEP-003A. EUC was sent to Battle Creek 11/11, so the waiting time wasn't too bad. 10 below here this morning, nice to know I'll have power should something go south.