• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID antenna base and mount

scalpelarms

This is the antenna mounting bracket that I have, what antenna base will work with this mount? Also has anyone used the antenna as a flag holder, if so can you please give me some insight on how you did it. Thank you guys

If you have any components for sale I'am interested.
antenna.jpg

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends what you mean by cheap? What whip are you going to be using? $50 for an mx6707 base is as cheap as I've seen, AS3900 about $100 for the base, $150 for the mast and base. Is that cheap?

scalpelarms

As far as the whip goes, I havent got that far yet, but whatever works really. I think the spring type would be best but as you can see this is all new so im looking for advice.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a AS3916 on my deuce and a half, dual AS3900's on my Humvee, the plain mounts like yours, and the offset mounts I put on so the antennas don't rub on the back cover, The MX6707 looks like the AS3900 but is tuneable. The radios I have for the Humvee are an RT524 and R442 which originally was used with the MX6707, but should work with the AS3900. Looks for now, I'm still in the process of putting in the intercom system, then I'll hook up the antennas to the radios. I prefer the looks of the MX6707 and AS3900 over the AS3916 type of antenna. AS1729 is also similar to the MX6707/AS3900 I believe. If I was just going for looks, I'd just find the cheapest of those 3 complete.

Attachments

Last edited:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look for seller beltfed34 on ebay, he has a lot of that stuff, and is pretty inexpensive by comparison. And a good guy to deal with. He is located near Austin.

Cheers

jake-cutter

If you want to mount a flag and still use the antenna mount, look at beltfed34 on ebay and search for antenna cover or plug. I have one and it covers the hole on top and will allow me enough space to mount a light and camera.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks