• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas for "Making Portable" MEP-017A?

hmsgoodhope

Hi folks,

Have any of you found a good solution for moving a MEP-016/017/018 around
with relative ease? I have seen a few pictures on Youtube of wheels "bolted" to frame and "carts" bolted to frame but wanted to see if any of you had a COTS solution I could pick up at Harbor Freight or elsewhere. My thinking is I would (ideally) like 6-8 inch pneumatic tires so unit will roll easily in garage or across open ground (on my property). Any ideas (especially any pictures) would be most helpful if you have "wrestled" with issue and "solved".

Many thanks,

hmsgoodhope (ed)

Keith_J

Sure. Use casters up front, fixed in the rear. Helps if you create a tiebar link on the casters and put a drawbar in the middle.

I've done this on my 002A (around 1050 pounds with fuel and batteries), only using a 2-speed with reverse lawn tractor transaxle and 24 volt electric motor. Geared for 1.5 MPH top speed, it will climb walls

hmsgoodhope

Many thanks for pics - starting to get an idea as to how I would like setup to work. Like your homemade cart - tires would work well across ground on lot - was thinking of using genset to work on trailers/trucks that are parked away from house. large wheels would work well for this. Cheers,

Ed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks