• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification of drop side bed

glock35

I am having trouble identifing drop side beds on GL. Could someone please post some pics and or describe the differences to me. All the ones I've seen on GL look like non drop side beds. Thanks in advance.

grounded

Banned
if it looks like it has hinges going down the sides on the bottom (5 of them) its a drop side. if the side looks smooth its a non drop side

glock35

Got it. Thanks. Are the drop side beds harder to find? Also, did they ever make a dump bed in that style? Or are all the dump beds actual dump truck bodies?

roscoe

:ditto: and look at the front corners of the bed for a latch. You can usually see the hinges in the photos. I don't see many drop side trucks though and they often seem a little more rough than average for some reason.

scooter01922

Don't forget the HUGE dropside tailgate, sticks up a lot higher than the standard one. While they certainly can swap them around most seem to be right in that regard.

Jake0147

Look for the screw type chain latches at all four corners of the dropside bed, as opposed to the wire hook on the standard bed.
Look for hinges at the bottom of the sides of the drop side, none on the standard bed.
Look for four tailgate hinges on the dropside, five tailgate hinges on the standard bed.
If the canvass is not installed, look for the dropside tailgate to be taller than the bed side.

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like my dropside but the tailgate latches are kind of a pain compared to a standard bed though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks