• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idle Up

sprucemt

The proper technique would be called a 2x4x? between the seat and the pedal. Length of the 2x4 is determined by what rpm you want to have. Each 1/8 " increases the rpm by a factor of 1.2. If you paint it red, it will look "official". Add white stripes and it will fit the season.

acetomatoco

For short periods of time pull out the hand throttle to the desired increment...and if you want closer control, install a vernier throttle...anything over 10 minutes requires 1000 rpm by the manuals anyway.

SasquatchSanta

Thanks for the link Doghead. I remember seing the info from Bjorn but couldn't find it. Must have overlooked it.

sprucemt sez:

The proper technique would be called a 2x4x? between the seat and the pedal. Length of the 2x4 is determined by what rpm you want to have. Each 1/8 " increases the rpm by a factor of 1.2. If you paint it red, it will look "official". Add white stripes and it will fit the season.
I thought about using a giant candy cane but I couldn't find one in OD.

I should have mentioned in my original post that I needed to increase the RPM adjustment during normal idling.

alphadeltaromeo

I really love your truck...you've done a great job...well jatonka did initially lol but you're carrying on a great start. I'm slightly "green" with envy. Drive it down to GA sometime...you're welcome here :D

SasquatchSanta

Thanks for the kind words alphadeltaromeo!

John did a great job on the truck and just as important, chose a good truck to work with. My only complaint is that he didn't put a "Jatonka" sticker on it.

My goal has been to turn it into a practical (comfort, reliability and economy) daily driver. This is no small order in an area with 40 below zero winters. It remains to be seen what this new engine will do to my fuel mileage. Hopefully it will pull a .69 ovedrive. The high speed overdrive and an air ride seat will be the last step.

I may drive down to Georgia someday. I've got a daughter and grand daughter north of Atlanta.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks