• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If one battery is weak, can I jump just that one?

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm unclear how the separation of 24V and 12 in these trucks works. Can I jump a weak battery with my 12V vehicle to get a M1009 started or do I need to use the 24V slave connector?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
you can jump it with a 12V wehicle. Just put your cables on the weak battery. But i have the best result when the charging vehicle is on the secondary battery.

sandcobra164

Make sure you don't let the jumper cables touch anything but the appropriate terminals on the battery itself or you may damage the slaving vehicles electrical system.

idM1028

Yep. I have jumped the front (12V) battery many times doing this, but also the rear as well. If both are dead you can slave cable them or jump them using two vehicles.

islandguydon

IDM1028 is correct, the front battery is # 1 and will run the vehicle accessories. This is usually the weak one. I also jump just the 1st one to start if necessary. Works fine. Be careful the polarity is correct.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks