• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition Key for FLU419

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did FLU419s come with a removable ignition key? In my experience, most U.S. military vehicles did not come with keys, simply an on/off switch. Some military vehicles with keys had the key glued in so that it couldn't be removed. My M1030M1 USMC diesel motorcycle is such an example. My SEE appears not to have a key in the switch, or perhaps it was broken off. However, I can turn the switch with a screwdriver , coin, etc. I see in the parts TM that a separate key is listed. Is my SEE supposed to have a removable ignition key? I know the master switch key is removable.

peakbagger

Yes they came with a key but it appears as though any thing inserted in the slot will work. Mine also came with chain welded to the floor with a padlock for locking the steering wheel from turning. Expedition imports has replacement keyss.

coffeehouseforge

Yes they came with a key but it appears as though any thing inserted in the slot will work. Mine also came with chain welded to the floor with a padlock for locking the steering wheel from turning. Expedition imports has replacement keyss.
Mine also came with the high end security system. Must have came from the same dealer.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No security system installed at my dealership, but the removable dash key is there. If you can find an image of it, I'd expect you could walk into any decent locksmith shop and come out with something close to it. I know the guy in town here had one hanging on the wall ready to go.

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks