• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition key for M1009... are they all the same???

Alexander

Just brought a M1009 home from a GSA sale... guess what... no ignition key. I need to push it around in the driveway, but can't unlock the steering wheel. Other than taking the wheel off and cylinder to a locksmith, what would you all suggest?
Thanks,
Alex

mangus580

They are all the same (usually) and I know some people even know the codes. I assume Kenny will speak up here and offer up the code. Short of that, I could copy one and mail it to you....

Alexander

I'd like to thank everyone for the quick reply... and especially the code. Since posting earlier I did some research, left a voicemail message for a friend in the reserves, and went to the auto parts store. Yup... you're right... a new assembly cost about $12... so I bought it. Then I needed the tools. $7 for the steering wheel puller and $13 for the funny looking puller to help get the locking ring off... total with tax was $34. Got home and listened to my voicemail. Friend said he has an extra key that's mine if I need it. Back to the parts store tomorrow for a refund. But before doing that I'll make sure the key works. :)

Ya know, I was kind of looking forward to replacing the existing one... I'd never done this before. Once again... thanks for all the help online.