• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition problems, power problems

SUZ4x4

Was wondering if anyone has had this problem with thier M1009, Starts Ok but after an undetermined time it will die, sometimes it has no power to the instrument panel or ignition and sometimes it will come right back on, changed the ignition switch and it still does it, was kind of doubtful about it being the switch anyway, checked terminals on the firewall for tightness and they are tight, a guy at work said check connection on the solenoid, but when it loses power its losing it all to the ignition and such thought someone else maybe has seen this, thanks.

Barrman

The -20 manual has a great 70 some odd page troubleshooting section. I would suggest you read that and follow the directions for just one of your problems all the way through. Keep doing this for all of the faults.

I would also suggest you remove each and every fuse from the fuse block, clean them, clean the holder and make sure the contacts are out enough to actually conduct electricity. What you describe sounds like a loose fuse to me if you have checked all the other wires and connections.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not saying this is your issue but, something to also keep in mind, the wiring harness connection between the engine compartment firewall and cab fusebox.

At assembly, GM put a tar like sealer on the connection. Over the years the tar can seep into the electrical connections and cause problems.

There has been othe SS members that have had to take the wiring harness apart, clean all the connectors and reasemble. They also use some di-electric grease during reassembly.

SUZ4x4

I have the problem temp fixed for now, checked fuse box connector and looks a little dirty, not terrible though, checked fuses, seem to be tight, not terribly dirty, will resume inspection when it warms up but thanks for info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks