• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm coonfuuused.......

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was looking around the forums and saw the thread about replacing your data plates. I checked out the site and decided I wanted to replace mine. Two problems:

1: The info on the plates is **almost** illegible. The parts I could make out led to the second problem

2: According to my SF97 and all associated paperwork, my truck is a 1969. According to my dataplate, it was manufactured in 1968. Which is right?

I know, I should post pics of the data plates on my truck, but they are too illegible to make out the info in the pics; ergo, the pics would be worthless.

Is there anyway to clean off 40 years of crud without destroying the plates?

Elwenil

RE: I

I don't think MVs go by "model year" as with car manufacturers. MVs have a build date, not model year, so I would think that whatever the build date is would be it's actual "model year". Paperwork discrepancies are pretty common with MVs.

Elwenil

RE: I

I think if you talk to most of the MV gurus here, like David Doyle, that you will find that going with the info that is on the truck is the better bet. As for the paperwork, it's probably not worth the effort to try deal with the local DMV to get any of that changed in the long run so as far as they are concerned, you might be better served by just going with the flow in that case. I think with the numbers off the frame that a definite year can be determined but others would know better than I.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: I

bigbee said:
One other thing you can try on the data plates is to rub over the numbers with a black sharpie marker, then wipe the excess off. Sometimes that puts enough ink in the engravings to make them easier to read.
Grease can work too. As for the frame numbers, if you post them, maybe medlog, AKA Carnak, can find something out about yer truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks