• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In-bed shelter size choices..?

tamangel

I was curious what different sized 'boxes' exist for M35's , M36's, and 5 tons, both reg and long WB's..fitting inside the stock beds and therefore removable?

Mike

interesting ISO concept..
gives a whole new meaning to'expandable' (video setup/takedown)
http://www.3sgroup.no/?op=body&id=13

Cassie Munro: Mom, some idiot just parked this ugly RV outside our house.
Jamie Munro: What?
Cassie Munro: Oh, my God, it's your husband.

2006 Movie 'RV'

Mike_Pop

The S280 shelter is the most common to fit in the above mentioned trucks. I don't know of any that go in the long wheelbase since it's easier to mount an expansible van body or something similar on the truck. If you find an S280, I am looking for one.

papercu

Shelter

If you have a way of lifting the shelter, a van body is not that much harder to interchange with the cargo body, at least after the first time. Best I remember there is only 4 bolts per side. Wayne

Mike_Pop

RE: Shelter

Hill AFB in Utah always has them for sale on GL. I'm just too poor to bid on anything right now.

dirtyfingernails

RE: Shelter

How about for the M105 trailer bed (for those with bobbed dueces). A guy locally has a ton of containers that he said went on HumVees (sorry don't know the correct acronym). Would they fit well into an M105 bed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks