• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In my near future

eldgenb

5 ton Hybrid

Ok this is a concept that I am beginning to gather trucks for, the truck will end up double framed with a DT466 and a 9speed manual or allison auto, not sure which with the upper frame, bed, and cab. The transfer case, steps, tool boxes, fuel tank, winch and axle assemblies attached to lower frame with a CV Joint between the two. The truck is a crew cab international medium duty with all the creature comforts. Oh and don't worry the 5 ton chassis will be from a wrecked or dismantled 5 ton not one of my good one's.

Attachments

Last edited:

eldgenb

I forgot to mention, a knuckle boom crane and dump assembly will be on here as well, I just have to wait for the right price on the crane, already have the dump assembly for it.:twisted:

I am looking forward to the updates as you go.

the DT466 is a good medium duty engine.

dont know about the auto trannys.

one nice thing about changing the body is,

you wont run out of room for the air to air.

it's a huge job as far as time goes.

take lots of pics and share them with us.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I look at it like this...it's you chicken and you can pluck it any way you want to....I'll just sit back and watch the feathers fly.
I know there are a lot of purists out there but the bottom line is you are free to be as creative as you want to be and they are free to "roast" you. I wouldn't take it personally.
Unless you are destroying a rare or collectable vehicle I think mods and fabs are cool.
A lot of the mods I have seen on this site make owning the vehicles safer and more user friendly.
GO FOR IT!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks