• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indiana run the sequel

FreightTrain

Banned
Offroadfabworks is headed north to pick up the abandoned deuce and my towbar from the great "Mother of all storms"(as wrecker put it.....I am from bama and i will say it was a good snowfall but not that bad) run.He picked up a transfer case on the way and had just crossed the Indiana state line a little while ago.He has a camera with him and i will post updates if needed....sure they will be.... :lol:

Well we made it home safe and sound. Definetly made for a fun trip for sure. I also would like to thanks Redass for the help once again.

This trip intitled a whole new group of recovery agents to go after it. NO need for FreightTrain or Wreckerman. I took momma and our 6 month old daughter on the recovery this time. Maybe i will have better luck. :D I loaded the truck up with a load of tools, and recovery supplies. We headed out on our trip started out at 0530 am heading out towards Fort Cambell, KY to pick up a 2 1/2 ton transfercase. We arrived there around 0830 and got threw security on the base. By 0930 in the morning we were headed towards Indy to go to Redasses place to get the last duece of the recovery mission. We rolled into Redasses place about 1400 hours. We had to make a couple pit stops on side of the road means momma come down with a serious case of not being able to hold food down. SO after a couple stops we made it north. Ricky had allready put the duece in the shop for me to take off the tow lights, tow bar, and hook drive shafts back up to it. Once that was down it was a quick once over on fluids, and check tires. Make a couple adjustments to the soft top, and rolled the truck out of the shop.

We started to roll down the road about 1600 hours. I took the back way out of Ricky's place again to advoid going in around Indy. I shot down highway 9, fueled up on outside edge of town, and then headed south. Once i got down the road about 20 mile i stopped of to ask Momma in the chase truck how things seemed. She informs me everything was running good, and nothing leaking. the trucks got a slight vibe i can feel in the truck, but it was fine. I been watching all my gauges (as if you can trust them or not) and everything seemed to be ok. I seen my speedo said i was running about 55-60, 2400 RPM. (yes i was in High Range for the guys that know the story behind it). Asked momma if i was running about 55-60 and she said no your averaging 70-75 :shock: Well i get back in the truck turn on I-65 south and set my eyes south BAMA bound.

We stop about half way threw indiana and get a dinner at the Cracker Barrel. (this time it wasnt a 15 minute stop). Once we were done eating, we were back south bound. We get to southern KY and top off the tanks once again. Finally we set our sites back on the South bound lane of I-65 and its BAMA or bust. We finally rolled into my shop at 0300 again. (same time we got home last time)

Amazingly this time the trip took a total of 9 hrs vs last time with FT and WM it took almost 18hrs. And alot of Murphy incidents. :x Does anyone see the coinsidence (sp) with this one. 8) 8) The truck ran like a champ, and gave me no problems. Didnt like the hills in Southern TN, but other then that it was running great. Before anyone gets me heck for no pictures. Im not at home but yet again 600 miles away. I took pics of our trip. but we got in at 0300 and were back on the road East bound by 0400 for NC. We finally rolled into NC at our destination over here at 1500 hours Wednesday. almost 36hrs and 1600 miles later, we were able to stop for rest.

As this post is already long enough i will stop there. And post more pics and such when we arrive back home tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks