• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

indicator lamps

Am in the middle of a dash rebuild/redesign - and (duh! :-( ) forgot to mark what indicator label went where. If I remember correctly, the right hand cluster of 4 warning lights was Gen 1, Gen 2, 4x4, oil pressure. The dual set under the speedo I can't remember, ditto the pair under the fuel gauge, and the 2 at the top are glow plugs and water in the fuel.

Is this correct? Anyone remember what the warning bulbs at the bottom of the speedo and fuel gauge are?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Under the Speedometer -
Temperature and Low Coolant Lights

Under the Fuel gauge -
Fasten Seatbelt and Parking Brake

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't have one from the front but this should help.

To see a bigger picture, right cligk on the thumbnail and choose "Open Link in New Window"

Attachments

Yes it does quite a bit actually, now I can trace out the wires...

Replacing the 4 lamps with OEM oil pressure, rad temp, tranny (oil temp) temp and a clock, replacing the fuel gauge with a combo 5k tach and fuel gauge (have to eliminate the 2 lamps underneath), adding 4 M35 indicator lamps (2 either side of the glow plug cluster) and moving the seat belt and park brake lamps to the left knee panel. (also M35 indicators) Attched pics are from ebay - my modified tach isn't as pretty but at least has a better rpm range!

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could always crack open the -10 TM(basic operators manual) and look at the pictures.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just remember that the GEN1 and GEN2 use the indicator lamps as part of the circuit. Without the circuit completed you will not have working alternators.

I am relocating them to the central portion of the dash, at the top, to the immediate left of the glow plug lamp. With some careful Dremel work a pair of M35 dash indicator lamps assemblies will fit. Swapped the bulbs for 12v equivalents. Took the caps off then CARC painted the red lens lower rim so only the round teat like portion is still red. Gives me an easy to see warning indicator. On the other side I am putting two more lamps with all but the small top disc painted out for 4x4 indication and as an indicator for former IR drive lights (now 4" HID) One day I'll borrow a camera and get pics of the finished assembly...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks