• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Indicators and Operator's Manual

Sam27

I have a ton of documentation on my M1008, but no operator's manual, unless it's hidden someplace and I haven't found it... I'd like to have a picture of the panel with little arrows pointing at all the indicators. I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to have and whether or not they are working. Let me list what I think I know I should have, and you guys can let me know if I missed anything:

1) 4WD indicator - easy to check

2) Low oil pressure - turns on with the key, then goes out when the engine starts

3) Generator lights - these start out on then go out when I rev the motor

4) Glow plug "wait" light - obvious

5) Water in fuel - turns on with the key then goes out, does that mean it's working?

6) Voltmeter - mine doesn't seem to work

7) Low coolant? - I don't know where this is or whether it's working

8) Coolant temp indicator - must go on when it gets too hot? I don't know where this is either

9) Brake prop valve - don't know where this indicator is either. I can tell it's not hooked up though

Anything else?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks