• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inexpensive OD Iron

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well been in GA less than a month and have seen a few MV's relatively inexpensive. Today went to an antique auction in Suwanee. The city hauled out three trailers to add to the auction. The first was a M116A2 with 10KW generator that went for 450$ I was the next high bidder at 425$. Next was a M116A1 and two 5KW generators that I bought for 350$. Last was a M149A2 Water Buffalo that I also bought for 300$! I have been noticing alot of more inexpensive stuff here than in TX. Gotta love ATL!
By the way; just picked up 32 M35A2 cab reinforcement kits that I will sell for 50$ each. They go great in any M35 whether you have the M66 ring or not-PM me. :wink:

FreightTrain

Banned
Ewwww,I want one!!!!Or two.Gonna go by monday and see about Refinancing a loan to buy a Ring from whatshisface on here,A Cam for the race car and a kit or two from you....Maybe I can get enough for a set of legs if anyone know where I can get either a full set with hardware and plates or just singles(I can part together a kit if need be).

Bill W

Welcome to GA, I've been here for just 2 years now, I moved up from So.Fla, Talk about a culture shock., People here will gladly give you the time of day....even if you didn't ask them :D

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Jim....are you a member of the Ga chapter of the MVPA?
Myself and Freighttrain are members even though we live in Ala.
We meet once a month in Marietta at a resturant on Delk road.
Good fun and fellowship among the MV faithful.
There are going to be two great events in September.
One at Peachtree City at the airport and one in north Ga. being hosted by clinto.
Either would be a great time to meet more demented souls.
Someone refresh my memory with the exact dates for both.

Wrecker

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the home computer has been on the fritz, so I have not been able to post pics. I did get with DHL and they can send a cab reinforcement plate to most of the east coast for 25$. Also, it is looking like I will be at the GA ralley at the end of this month and will be bringing the mule and about a dozen of the reinforcement plates if anyone wants to get one there. :wink:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'll take a cab reinforcement kit as well........thankie :D

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was able to list one on ebay. For pictures of what they look like go to ebay#230172345869. I will be bringing about a dozen to Helen at the end of the month for those who want one (or several) there.

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was under the apprently false assumption that the cab reinforcement kit consisted of several individual reinforcement plates......I didn't realize it was one big piece.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is alot of misconception about installing a ring mount. What I have been able to find out is there are 3 things needed to install the reinforcement kit. The panel, a whole bunch of blind rivets (which can be bought almost anywhere) and a piece of flat stock that is bent with 2 90 degree bends in it with a hole in each end that tie the lower dash to the front mount point. I have seen and almost bid on 1 "kit" that had everything from the back of the pax seat (to stand on), to the plates that come with the 3 mounting legs. I am mounting mine and whether or not I ever install my one of my 2 rings; at least it will be there. (does make a flat spot for the first aid kit/fire ext mounting too).

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So not all passenger seats have the plate on the back of the upright?

Does anyone have pics of the dash pieces? I've never seen them.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think all pax seats have the plates on the back. The dash piece is just a piece of flat stock maybe 1" wide with two bends in it and a hole in each side.