• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Information please...

CycleJay

Hi all,

Has anyone here used... "LUCAS upper cylinder lubricant and injector cleaner
for diesel engines"?

I got a bottle of it today when I got that new fuel filter.
Just to give the fuel system a good cleaning.

But I have not used it yet, because I forgot to ask the guy at the auto parts store if it would be safe to use on an engine with glow plugs.

Does anyone know if this would be safe on my 6.2L Diesel V8,
with glow plugs?

In any case, I will call the number on the bottle tomorrow to get their opinion too.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you, good night,

CJ

CycleJay

Hi all,
Thank you for the information.

I called the company that makes it, LUCAS, and they said it was safe, even the higher level tech I was transferred to said it would be safe for a diesel with glow plugs.

So I put it in, and it runs ALOT better now than it did before.

I will be watching for long term effects for a little while, just to be on the safe side,
but so far so good. The bottle says it is for diesels at least, but no mention of glowplugs.

Thank you, have a good day,

CJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks