• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ini Power Remote/Auto Start

sassriverrat

Has anyone ever tried playing with INI Power IG1000-ASKR-USMC Remote Start Kit

Or does anyone know anything about them or have a manual? I haven't found much of anything but think they might be fun to take apart and see if they can be tweaked to work with other stuff.

Thanks!

Rustnot

Have you had any luck with this unit? Do you know what the actual use of the IG1000 is? I was also interested in it.

shovelheadi

this is a remote pull starter. the little box inside is supposed to wrap a starter cord on. you need 2 12v batteries inside to fire it up.
so far the 2 trickle chargers and the switches and connectors are all its worth. you could hobby a few neat things in the plastic box.

sassriverrat

It's a remote pull starter?

What's the max torque or engine hp size that it can pull? This inspires new ideas....how cool would it be to rig this up to a 3kw Honda Generator?!

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out how to quiet down/find airbags to dampen the vibrations and noise of my MEP 831A

witteriedmf

Has anyone ever tried playing with INI Power IG1000-ASKR-USMC Remote Start Kit

Or does anyone know anything about them or have a manual? I haven't found much of anything but think they might be fun to take apart and see if they can be tweaked to work with other stuff.

Thanks!
NSN 5895-01-655-1513 , you need to install two 12V batteries to make it work. Down side it required two latch strips mounted to the side of your generator and finding those mounting bars is like really hard.

TM 10-6115-711-10TECHNICAL MANUAL OPERATOR MANUAL FOR GENERATOR SET, MULTI-FUEL, PORTABLE, 1 KW (NSN 6115-01-612-2549)
good luck finding a manual. If you find one, I want a copy.

Ok did some testing and exploration:
1. With 2x 12-Volt batteries installed the display will run through a test of battery charge and then comms check. The comm check will fail and the unit goes into standby mode.

2. to test the 24v motor there is a rely on the circuit board that control the chargers (mounted below the circuit board. To test just jump 24V to the top wire. The motor is high speed but torque is not so high you need to worry about motor flying off the table.

3. the remote control connector on right side of case is four wire but only the two left pins are wired. Top is gnd, bottom +/-5 volts to remote start the motor. You can wire to a push button switch inside your building or to a rely connected to AC power or other arrangements to detect loss of power and start the generator pull motor. Actually I'm confused by the remote. There are no voltages on either pin? Making me wonder how does the remote work. I have see some relays apply a ground to activate, but here? Since there were no voltages on either pin, I tried shorting the pins thinking maybe doing so would pass a ground to the circuit board, but no effect? Odd.

4. Mounting the motor to your generator can be tricky. First you need two mounting strips of metal attached to the generator case. I have no idea what these style mounting plates are called or who makes them, but if you need a set you can remove them form the case where the motor mounts for transport.

5. more to come?

Last edited:
Reactions: ECS

ECS

Anyone know what is used for the remote for these?

It needs some signaling device to activate the remote start.

RANGER2D

We have had several of these for a while now, and I've had no luck in making them work for much. These were designed for one generator and one generator alone unfortunately, which is the small multi-fuel generator in the pictures above. It's not really made for any other generators to include 831s, 802s or 803s, as they lack the communication capability nor is the motor inside the small box powerful enough to pull start an 831. That being said, I have turn several of the boxes into all-weather battery chargers, trickle chargers, or hardline chargers for our Stewart stevensons using the 24 volt charger out of a generator control module that we sell. The cables are perfectly capable of handling the power, and all you need to do is grab some cheap jumper cables and solder them into the output of one of the cut cables, preferably the starter motor out cable. The Canon plugs are super nice, unfortunately they are glued so they can't be disassembled on like some of them can. It's mainly something to tinker with, as the board is programmed for the inipower generator alone, and the Hardigg box is far from waterproof once you remove all the plates. One good thing that you will find is a couple of picatinny rails, which are used to clamp the starter motor into the box via a UTG angle mount quick clamp, but you will be sad only to find that the utg mounts have been machined on two sides to accommodate the goofy mounting process, so they're not worth much either. Fun to come up with ideas for it, but I'm out so looking for more!

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought one of these little Ini power generators and was looking at the auto start units on Ebay, but had no idea what i would do with it. FYI if you have not seen one of these generators and have watched the youtube videos, and the guy talks about the magic button on the back for starting in cold temperatures, Hold your breath for this one. its a can of ether with a tube to the carburetor.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i have one of these units but its the first version that just has 110 regular outlets. This generator is nothing but a yamaha ef1000 generator. with a temp, and hour meter wrapped around the spark plug and different back panel with either can. Mine is currently not running due to Carb issues. I dropped the spark plug in the case trying to change it out trouble shooting and took me 3 hours to disasseble and get it back together. Still will not run unless choke is on. even though jets have been pulled and cleaned. I quickly remeber why i quick working on Gasonline engines and went to Diesel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks