• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump failure

rjhiggins

Well the ip pump has finally failed on my 1028. I have been having cold start issue's for awhile now. But if I parked it down hill, it would start. Seals around throttle shaft has been damp, I was hoping to make it after cristmas before it failed. After a few cold mornings it has started leaking bad enough to run fuel down on ground.

Question is......... Can I not just replace seals myself since there is really nothing wrong with pump, but some dry up rotten seals? Been looking on internet and wonder if anyone has purchased a ip pump from that guy on ebay? I think selling around $395 with $125 core return when he gets your pump. I do know the local shop wants around $400 for a rebuild depending on whats worn or needs replacing, cuold even be more. Thanks

Wolf.Dose

If the pump is mechanicaly ok, you can replace the seals by youself, if you work in a realy clean environement. It takes about 35 to 120 minutes to replace the seals, depending on your skill. The repair kit comes for something like 10 bucks. To take the IP out of the truck and refit it, of course, takes some extra time, some 2 to 3 hours, depending on your skill.
Wolf