• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump oil change? Bosch MW

MAdams

When I was turning up the fuel on my IP I noticed the oil was kinda black. I changed the engine oil about 200 miles ago and it still looks amber colored. Does the IP have its own oil? I drained about a 1/2 a quart from the timing pin plug and added a new 1/2 a quart into the 10mm allen plug on top(off boost fuel screw)

74M35A2

The 8.3L oils its pump through a small hole in the back side of the timing cover, through the pump flange mating surface. Once it fills up to the pump shaft, it overflows out the front of the shaft bearing and back into the timing case.

This is a very slow process, and why the manual says to add oil to the pump of any has been lost during service.

The 5.9L inline pumps (P-7100 and the likes) are the same, only difference being that they oil through an external oil supply line, but have the same overflow-return.

MAdams

Ok that makes sense. I added a race oil that's blue to test to see if the oil mixes with the crankcase oil.

74M35A2 check your pm. I need a alternator

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

74M35A2

Sweet. You'll have the fastest injection pump in town.

PM returned. Sorry I'm late on that. Delco clones almost all that is left, but they appear to be working well, and are reasonably priced, with warranty.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks