• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection pump tapping! Need some advice.

My m1009 has been smoking slightly at startup(white) and under a heavy load smokes black. Under normal use it does not smoke at all. I believe I may hear a tapping coming from the ip. I also noticed that the other day the motor turned an extra crank or two after I killed the ignition. I cleaned all the electrical connections at the ip then, and this seemed to remedy the problem. I have done one heck of a lot to this truck, all thanks to this site. I am confident the tm can get me through an ip remove /replace. Are my symptoms ip related? I know a tapping ip is no good! It does seem to have no real loss of power however. Somebody give me a jumping off point. I need to get this thing figured out.

southdave

fuel shutoff solenoid maybe need to swap if the cleanining didn't help.. Smoke could be a injector fouling. do you heavly smell diesel? and that could cause the extra rotation.. I think gm recommends swaping them out every so often.. shot in the dark