• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injection questions.

I can hear a slight noise that appears to be coming from the rear fuel injector on the drivers side. It is almost as if it has trouble spraying, Like a "tsst tsst tsst" sound. When i feel the line to that injector, there is a slight tap that seems to correspond to the noise. Here are my questions:
1. Is this clogged, I actually heard three tapping sounds come from this area, then quickly dissapear?
2. Should I be leaning toward an IP issue?
3. I have seen posts regarding filling your fuel filter ( I have a racor spin on) with sea foam, then revving it through the motor to clean up the system. Is this safe?
4. This sound appeared when I began running conventional two stroke oil in my fuel at the rate of 1oz. per gallon. Have I possibly busted something loose that dogged my pump or injectors?
5. What is my least expensive coarse of action? Sea foam? New injector(s)?

Matt65

If the only symptom is noise, I wouldn't worry. Post a video of the noise if you can. Don't worry about the 2 stroke oil, they love that. I just got finished running 2gallons in a tank...runs great!

ranchhopper

Check the injectors and glowplugs make sure they are tight it could be a compression leak. If the injector was not held tight with a 7/8 wrench while yhe line was being tightened it could vibrate loose from spring pressure from the line.