• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

injector help

2deuce

I'm trying to find out why my M1009 idles rough. I was thinking that possibly it was an injector and since the idle has gotten worse maybe more than 1. I checked the return line glass bead and that was good. I listened to all of the injectors working and couldn't tell any differences between them. I can feel the miss at the tail pipe on both sides, it is random, no discernable pattern. The truck runs fine once your off idle.

Thanks,
Greg

2deuce

I increased the idle last year, it helped some, but it has gotton much rougher lately. Could the injectors be dirty and cause this? On the interstate the truck runs smooth but likes to speed up and slow down about 5mph on its own. Does it most at 60 mph. When I come off the freeway to a idle it wants to cycle like a cold lawnmower engine until I give it some throttle. Like it isn't getting enough fuel for the throttle setting. Could the mufflers be clogged creating too much back pressure? I don't think its pulling air as it starts easily.
Can someone explain indirect injection in this engine?
Thanks

2deuce

Thanks for the link, I was surprised to see you get more power with indirect.

I think I found my problem with the rough, irregular idling. I went for a drive and while I was pulling up to a stop sign I felt the gas pedal move or click and the truck went into a very rough idle from just a rough idle. I had felt this happen before. I removed the green wires off the IP and the truck now idles smooth. I first only removed the fast idle wire, but I figure the other wire should be disconnected also since they both are getting the wrong signal. It idles great now. I'll see how the next cold start goes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks