• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector Line Replacement?

3dubs

OK I bent the #8 injector line when I put my engine in. I am hearing the knock I was told to watch for. I got the #8 and #6 lines just in case. My question is has anyone replaced injector lines without removing the intake manifold? Chilton does not list removing the manifold. But It does not look like much room the work with. Is it just tight or is there a trick to it?

3dubs

I guess nobody tried. I talked to a mechanic and was told that the manifold has to come off. There is not enough room to get the lines out and back in even if you can get them off the IP.

Chief_919

Take the manifod off.

I always test run the engine with the manifold off after working on the pump, lines or injectors as well. Better to find a problem before you get everything back on. Just make sure there are no loose sockets or nuts that can drop into the intake valves.

3dubs

I rebuilt the engine. But when I was dropping it in the #8 line got caught on the fuel filter. I had to bend the line back. I was told if there was a kink I would hear a knock. It is faint but I hear it. If the rain would stop I could work on it. I have to work in the driveway. But it runs so I am happy. I also got the marine injectors. Then I just need mud and lots of it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks