• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Injector swap question LDT/LDS 465

Possible to use LDS-465 (5ton) engine injectors (1 big one) on LDT-465-1C (2.5ton) engine (original injectors with 2 small holes) ??? Both are American Bosch, same looking, but the difference will be the other end nozzle diameter and burst pressure/spray pattern.Does anybody have practical know how on this or did it. Possible to use w/o adjusting the injection pump (or set more fuel), loss of power, will damage the engine??? I want to put them in, because the old originals are bad and I`ve a new set of the LDS inj.here.....Thanks

southdave

this might help you out go to the search function on the menu bar type in 2 hole injectors list a bunch stuff there. should answer all your questions. sorry I can't be more defenitive, but it all I can tell you

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They will work. I wouldn't do it unless you replace them all (6). They are also not as good of a design as the 2 hole injectors.

emr

I do not know if I agree with that, I have run both and really do not think u will ever see much difference.I could not . But the one big one I do believe is pushing more fuel .Randy

SixSpeed

Banned
Anyone know a good source for injectors? I think I have a bad one on my M109.

Also, for the same purpose, how do you tell apart 1 vs. 2 hole injectors?

Thanks for the replies, very interesting. I think both where possible, but the 2hole newer ones will be better, better burn/atomize, cleaner.The depot rebuilders had the advice to use the two hole ones for assembling the engine (at the 80`s)

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I thought the IP supplied fuel to the injectors. If so, how can one injector flow more than another? The 2 hole ones atomized the fuel better is what I have heard too.

stumps

MF injectors aren't supposed to atomize the fuel. The fuel is supposed to stream out of them, kind of like a squirt gun. The fuel hits the bottom and sides of the combustion chamber in the piston, where it evaporates and burns relatively slowly. That is why the MAN cycle MF engine is called a quiet diesel.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks