• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Inner fender replacement

Dave 52804

My inner fenders on my 85 M1028 are shot. The drivers side outer fender has some holes it in, but it's not terrible. I've never tried to do any type of body work before. How hard is it to replace the inner fenders? Should I replace the outer fenders at the same time? Thanks for the info.

twright

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It would be a lot eaiser yo replace both at ont time ,the inter fender is bolted to the outer fender and if you have rust around the bottom the inter might be a pain to get off.
AEC Retired Tony

rnd-motorsports

Just inside the wheel opening lip of the fender there are some bolts that hold the inner fender to the outer fender if you can get all the bolts out then it would be up to you rather you replce just the inner or both. The driver side will be the easy side the pass side you will have to unbolt the battery boxes as well! GOOD luck. If you plan on replaceing the outer at some point would be a good idea to do them at the same time!

ralbelt

I was scanning the TM's last night looking to find the procedure to remove the M1008 heater core and I came across a section on fender and inner removal. I didn't find what I was looking for, But I did see the fender subject in the -34 IIRC.

rnd-motorsports

Ralbelt the heater box under dash needs to come out there are three nuts on the underhood side you take off remove heater hoses then one bolt on the pass side under dash inside remove glovebox one screw at the defrost duct to heater box unhook both cables and it drops out from under dash very easy really then heater core is held in with two straps with 1/4 inch screws